5.8.09

August 4, 2009 -London

Buckingham Palace
....................

Meet at the South Kensington Station and then made our way to Buckingham Palace, Today we went inside to see the estate rooms. It is such a beautiful palace. It would be kind of hard to live there though. I’d be afraid to touch anything. There is so much gold leafing throughout all the rooms and very ornate plaster ceilings. Later after going through the palace we walked though the surrounding gardens. The gardens would be what I would enjoy most if I were to live in a palace. They are just so peaceful and beautiful to look out. Then my parents and I made out way over to Westminster Abbey. It was yet again another cathedral. But it did have an awesome ornate ceiling in one of the chapels. It was similar to the Kings Cathedral in Cambridge but is more of an ivory color with gold accents in some area. The cathedral is full of coffins of many important people throughout Europe. Handel is buried in the poet section along with a memorial dedicated to Shakespeare and Jane Austin. Then we went over to covet gardens to find my Grandpa Handy some Humbugs and we also shopped around the little shops for awhile. Then we just took our time and walked through Hyde Park. Afterwards I came home and started packing to go home.




Flower in the Westminster Abbey Garden

Me in Hyde Park


Peter Pan Statue



Westminster Abbey





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.