26.7.09

July 21, 2009 -London

St. Paul's Cathedral
....................

This morning we started at a museum that was in a home of an architect. He had collected many roman sculptures and placed them throughout his home. He even had a sarcophagus in his basement. Each room and ceiling throughout the house had a different style and color. After that I spent some time at the British museum. I liked this one. It had collection of all different time periods and countries. I spent some time sketching and took lots of pictures. Later I went with the group to St. Paul’s Cathedral. It was about the same as all the other cathedrals that I’ve been able to see. We did get to hike are way up the stairs to see the view of London from the Dome. At the base of the Dome you are still inside and if you whisper along the wall to someone they can hear you. The view at the top was awesome. Afterwards I did some shopping and got a couple shirts and some earrings. Then later I went out with Josie, Laura, Allie, and Erica to get milkshakes. I got Oreo and it was very good. I especially like the vanilla flavor here it’s a lot sweeter.


View from St. Paul's

Cool dishes at the British Museum



Pot at the British Museum


Egyptian Sculpture at British Museum

Veiw from St. Paul's






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.