View of Rome
..........
I found out that flying all night on a plane is not ideal, but as I ventured out in Rome today it all became worth it. The architecture and sculpture is amazing. It is all so much more than I expected. As most people say pictures do not give justice to it all. I walked out of the metro station and there was the colosseum. As I walked away the sky started to turn black and the little shops started quickly packing up their things. I didn’t think much of it, so I just kept walking and then it hit, the biggest rain storm I have ever been caught outside in. My friends I hurried and pulled out our ponchos and umbrellas and huddled near a tree. Most people were soaked and I could ring water out of my skirt once it stopped. When the rain calmed we headed on our way to a museum. It was full of many sculptures and ornate ceilings. The view from the windows at sunset where excellent, the whole city was glowing. Afterwards a group of us headed back to the hotel, but instead of finding a faster way back to the metro we got kind of lost and it took much longer to get back. It worked out though because was able to take some great pictures as the sun faded away.
Arch of Constantine
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.