9.7.09

July 3, 2009 -Rome

Trevi Fountain
...........

Another amazing day in Rome has gone by. Today I caught the metro to go and see the Borghese museum. As I walked in my focus was immediately drawn to the ceiling. It is unfortunate that we were not allowed to take pictures. The ceiling was pink and green with touches of blue and accented in gold. The walls were painted as if they were curtains making you take a second glance to see if they were fabric. During my lunch break I tried my first cup of gelato it was strawberry and melon flavored. It was fabulous and has been the best food that I’ve tried since I’ve been here. Then after lunch I met with the big group for our guided tour of three different churches throughout Rome. We went to the Church of St. Clement (Church of St. Peter in Chains), Church of St. Maria Maggiore, and Church of St. Carline. In the first church we were able to go down to the lower levels of Rome. Romans didn’t demolish buildings they would just cover them up and build something new on top. While walking between the different churches I saw so many unique buildings and had to take picture after picture. After the churches we ended up being able to see the changing of the guard. It was a big ceremony with marching and music. Then it was off to Trevi Fountain. Trevi Fountain is a huge sculpted fountain that you can throw coins into. If you throw one coin over your shoulder you will come back to Rome someday. If you throw two you will meet an Italian man and if you throw three you’ll marry him. I threw in one coin so I’ll come back to Rome someday. For dinner we found a little pizza place that was off the beaten path. It was fun little restaurant. Pizza here is sure not like American pizza, there is not much to it.


Church


Church

Street in Rome



Borghese Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.