................
Today we got up nice and early again and made our way to Cambridge. It was quite the quant college town. There was lots of good shopping. I found a couple shirts, a skirt, jacket, and a ring. Also I got an umbrella that I have been in need of this whole trip. I even used it today. It likes to rain out of the blue here in England. It will be a bright sunny day and within ten minutes a storm will roll right in and be gone in a half hour. We started off our day in Cambridge with a tour of two churches. Both where very different. The first was quite small. It was originally smaller and then they added on. It was not built symmetrical and had tons of different patterns all over the walls. The second church was a lot bigger and the ceiling is extremely ornate. It is a fan vaulted ceiling with lots of detail making it look like spider webs. It was also full of stained glass helping bring in lots of light. Then we took a break for lunch. I brought a nice little lunch along and ate it by the little river with Erica, Allie, and Scott. There was lots of ducks that wanted lunch also. One duck in particular was not afraid to come up and take food right out my hand. After lunch we met up with our guide again to go through a museum. It by far had my favorite painting gallery that I’ve seen on this trip. The detail in all the different paintings was amazing. The work on the hands and the silks of the dresses on the paintings was amazing. I wanted to take pictures but you’re not allowed to in this museum. Later we went punting. Punting is somewhat like a gondola ride with a more relaxed feel. They took us down the river explaining the different colleges within Cambridge University. Along the river was the building that they filmed the scene in Harry Potter when they are learning to fly on their brooms. After punting I did some shopping and headed back to London. At the train station we went and took pictures by the 9¾ platform from Harry Potter. Then I came to the flat and worked on patterns all night
Me at Platform 9¾

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.